Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New remote

HI our remote has stopped working and we need to order a new one but cant get through to virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new remote

Hi are remote has stopped working can we have a new one sent please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Tivo remote control

Hi i need to order new remote as cant get through on phone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New remote

Hi tash91,

Silly question, but have you changed the batteries?

To order a new remote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

You can also try clicking on Check service status further up this page( or in My Virgin Media) , then when the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadand, TV and phone. 

Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts. You should be able to order a replacement remote from there. (sometimes gives an error message)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tash91,

You could try the following (it doesn't always work)

Click on Check service status further up this page, or log into My Virgin Media, when the page opens scroll down to the three tabs, broadand, TV and phone. 

Click on the TV tab, then my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

You should be able to order a replacement remote from there.

Other than that keep trying Faults on the phone, best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Or try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of Faulty Remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new remote

Hi tash91,

Sorry to hear your remote has stopped working. I've tried to find your details but I'm unsure if they are correct so I'll send you a Private Message so I can grab some information from you so I can look at your remote issue and try and get a replacement sent out.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tash91 - I can see you have multiple posts regarding this and an agent is already helping 🙂 

Can you please stick to 1 thread for the same issue. 

Thank you. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos