Menu
Anne9
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New remote needed

One of my remote controls for one of my TiVo boxes isn’t working. I know it’s the remote that’s faulty because I have changed the batteries and it’s still not working. The remote to my other TiVo box works with it so I know it must be the remote that’s faulty.  Can you send me another one please?  I can’t get through on the phone to customer services to request it.   Thanks

0 Kudos
VMtechlee
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New remote needed

PM me your account number and area referance and ill send you one

Lee

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

englishangelmcf
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
My 18 year old remote is not working in the bottom half and the buttons are so worn you can't read them.

HELP

0 Kudos
englishangelmcf
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is a Tivo remote, not a V6 one.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi englishangemcf

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You could also wait and see if a member of the Forum Staff pick this up in a few days, however that isn't guaranteed

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
englishangelmcf
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for the advice re calling.  I did and it's all press this button, press that button.They even turned my broadband off to 'check' it. 

Then asked for my code. As you can see I have had this remote for 18 years, and in that time I have called twice, I don't know my security number. I just want to speak to a person who'll send me one.

I saw above that someone eventually replied, I think I'll wait now or I'll probably get two.

0 Kudos