Menu
molly77
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer: several channels distorted

Hi

New Virgin Media customer and very happy with broadband speed!  One issue I have is that on both V6 boxes, several channels are unwatchable as the picture is distorted.  I've reset both boxes several times but same channels remain distorted/pixellated.  All cables are tight so I'm wondering if this is likely to be a fault of the boxes or something else?  I've tried online chat and nobody answers and telephone support cut me off after they said they'd text me with instructions on how to reset the boxes!  😞

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer: several channels distorted

Hi do a search on here using the word "pixalation" . Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pixellation is how a digital TV system exhibits signal issues. So on any digital TV system, the cure to pixellation is to resolve the underlying signal issue - assuming you've restarted your box once and checked all the connections are finger tight.

In VM's case this will either be a fault on your box, or a cabling issue somewhere - VM's diagnostics can start to determine this, once they're made aware you have a fault. This means a call to TV faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and follow the option for "I have a fault with my TV service".

In the meantime, are there any particular or specific channels that are worst affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

molly77
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts.  I'll give customer services another go! 

The channnels affected are W, Alibi, Dave, Really, Yesterday and Drama (125-130), Sky Replay (160), Drama+1 (226), Eden (245), Together (269), HGTV (286), Now 80s (346), Now 70s (348), Sky News (603), NDTV 24x7 (621) and QVC (740).  I have HD versions of some of these channels so I can still watch, but not all.  None of the affected channels are HD.   

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many of the channels you've listed are common to one broadcast frequency which almost certainly confirms a signal issue. Either a cabling fault or box issue, which VM should be able to determine - this will either need an engineer visit or a box-swap, further resets are not likely to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks