Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New controller needed V6

My remote is dead. I tried to order replacement online and it said it had accepted my order. I have heard nothing since. My account shows no orders and I have had no confirmation. Can't use the TV properly - have to just use arrows on box! I left 2 messages on FB but no reply. Tried to ring but after a while I had to give up.

Can anyone confirm the order you do on your account does eventually get done and a new remote sent ? Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New controller needed V6

Hi CHRISCAFC,

Silly qquestion, but have you tried new batteries?

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I just say its now all sorted - ordered a new one via my account (didn't know you could do that) and it arrived in 3 days. Brilliant service Virgin, query solved.

Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again CHRISCAFC,

Thanks for the update. That's brilliant news.

I wasn't aware that you could order a replacement remote via your online account.

I've just checked and found it. I must admit that saves a lot of time and tearing out of hair (if you have any, that is)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali