Menu
KevinHay
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New box required

My TiVo box is no longer responding. I've rebooted it manually several times but always gets stuck on Startup screen. It's been like it for a few days and would like a new box sent out.

We have a V6 in the house already...is there a possibility of more than 1 V6 in each house?

If any admins around to pass this on to support that would be great.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box required

The quickest way to report box faults such as this, is to call in. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Forum staff respond on here, but it may take an extra day or so.

VM support upto 3 x V6 plus 1 x TiVo in a single home, so what you're asking is perfectly possible, but under the faults swapout you can only expect to get a like-for-like swap for a TiVo. There's certainly no harm asking as part of the faults process, and taking the "don't ask, don't get" approach!

If not, then you can consider taking the account re-grade approach, and ask for a box-swap as part of taking a new package and bundle deal on a new 18month contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi KevinHay, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem with your TiVo box as well. We can arrange a tech-visit and the box will be replaced as necessary. However as advised above a fault-related box-swap would be like for like.

If you would prefer to upgrade the box to a V6 then re-contracting may be required - you will need to discuss this with the relevant teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or via text on 0753 301 6422 as upgrades/package-changes are not something we can help with from here. 

If you'd like to go ahead with the tech-visit please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to get that arranged, otherwise please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom 

0 Kudos
KevinHay
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.

We have since contacted support via 150 and a replacement box has been posted. 

We weren't sure if multiple V6 boxes were possible in the same household but the room it'll be used in wouldn't benefit from the upgrade. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @KevinHay.

I'm glad that the team have been able to send out a replacement box for you, have you been given the tracking information yet from Yodel?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos