Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

New box now on demand not working

My girlfriend had virgin media at our house but she cancelled it, and I started a new contract in my name ( same boxes, internet etc as before), every thing worked fine all the on demand etc the day before (on the old contract) but now I’ve installed the new box and activated it the I demand no longer works, spoke to some body at VM and they say there’s an outage in my area but can’t see how that is considering it worked the day before I fitted the new boxes? 
plus when I search for it I see no mention of outages in my area, the internet works and so do all the channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box now on demand not working

That's correct there was an activation outage that ment no new equipment added was picking up the on demand

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

oh he never said it was an activation outage, he told me that the activation was all ok and went through as it should do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

HI Jrmurray1986, thanks for the message and I am sorry that the On Demand is not working with the news set top box. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service? I have looked at the area and can see that there is a congestion fault which we are working hard to resolve. Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi chris,

I keep resetting the box and connecting to virgin media on the network connection but still no on demand, catch up or help, what’s annoying is I wasn’t told there was a problem in my area when getting the contract yet I’ve still been charged a connection fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

All contracts have an activation fee added and this is there for the equipment to be added to the account. Can you do a fault test online to see if anything is showing? Do you get any error codes? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

For catch up and on demand I get the code V210 and for the help I get A01

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Can you check the error codes here,  Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I’ve already tired checking the codes! I’ve checked all the wires plenty of times, the check service thing now does say there’s a fault in my area but that’s only since I rang them because before it was saying there wasn’t any faults.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

HI Jrmurray1986, thanks for the reply. We are sorry that there is a fault with the service, can you confirm what the fix time is on the service page? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos