cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New box = loss of channels.

quicky
On our wavelength

We got a reduction on our bill due to the costs getting to much apparently without a loss of service. Over the weekend a v5 box appeared that we had not asked for. (we have a v3).

We were told we had to connect it (another call) so when we did most of the channels we had like discovery history and eden etc have dissapeared.

Another call  ed to the Virgin call center saying you still should have them all. (which we have not) and to keep looking and see if they appear....... Doh! is a Homer Simpson style.

We have not reduced our package but now have fewer channels.
After 2 hours on a call trying all sorts of things like rebooting the system we are left with the call center saying just watch to see if they appear.....

Anyone else have the same issue?

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V3 & V5 aren't Virgin TV boxes - you'll either have TiVo, V6 or TV360.

Photos are at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

That said, your channels will be related to the package you have, not the box type. Which TV tier did you have before, and what have you been moved to? Your contract will tell you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

quicky
On our wavelength

Was on Maxit. Half of the channels now missing

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

….. and are you still on Maxit, according to your new contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

quicky
On our wavelength

I am now.

Looks like they change the package without telling us. been on phone for total of 3.5 hours today to 6 different people

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m lost, sorry.

You were on Maxit, you’re now on Maxit.

What channels that you had are you now missing?

roy247
Community elder

I assume the V3 and V5 are the hub's so it sounds like you have been moved to a Volt package with a hub 5, pictures can be found on the link below if you scroll down.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub 

Maybe post a picture of your new contract with personal details removed.

quicky
On our wavelength

Got a V5 box now.

On Thrdays I asked if they could reduce the bills a bit.
Spoke aot wife being desabled and the virgin lady suddenly said on we can give you a reduction because of that.
Reduced bill a bit.
which was great.

At that point no one actually said they had reduced the channels we get.

So sunday comes and we get 8 texts saying your getting a new box.
Rang up asking why and was tols its ok your just on an older one plug the new on in when it comes.

Monday - Box comes and plugged in. Lost loads of channels
Rang up and 7 or the 8 people we spoke to (4 hours on phone) said you on Maxit but could not get the channels working.

The 8th  virgin staff member said you have been takento mixit.... Said no we didi not ask for that.....
After more houre of trying they said they would ring back tomorrow.

Tuesday - Were were put back on our old channels and broadband etc..... But still going to be charged £35 for the blooming activation....

Basically putting us back on the channels we never asked to be changed...

Virgin must be taking notes from Scottish power on how to screw pwoplw up and acquire money......

So on a new contract that we now have to pay £35 for a change we did not ask for.......

Hi @quicky 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with a recent package change. Glad to hear that you have been able to resolve this now and you have your channels back. The £35 would have been for the new equipment you received rather than the change of package itself. If this was for the new broadband Hub 5 that you received, then this would be the reason for the £35 activation charge. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

quicky
On our wavelength

ep so as I said we were charged for something we were told was needed but did not request or want..... in otehr word forced to pay for somthing w did not request.....