Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New box keeps turning off

I have just received a new v6 box, replacing the old v6 which worked fine for several months then suddenly failed. All went fine with the set-up on the new box but soon afterwards, it operates correctly for 5-10 minutes then turns off and restarts on the welcome screen.

It is then necessary to switch the box on and off to restart properly, but a few minutes later the problem always repeats. I have checked all connections & all seems well, and there is a good internet connection showing on the “Network” screen on the box. Test recordings have all failed due to this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or do I now have to call VM and wait in a long telephone queue? Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Mark  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box keeps turning off

Realistically with TV Faults at the moment there's 3 choices:

1: Use the text message service, 07533 051809 - may take a few days

2: Wait on here for VM staff, current wait is around a week

3: Call 150 and be patient, perhaps different times of the day. They are busy, there's a misleading "we're closed" message that comes and goes, but if you don't give up, there's eventually someone there!

Good luck.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if there was a way to address without contacting VM, but it sounds as if I may have a long wait on the telephone after dialing 150!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I left the box on whilst running some test recordings and the problem seems to have resolved itself after about 48 hours. I guess the lesson to be learnt is not to rush into asking for the box to be changed.

I will report back again if the constant restarting problem resumes - hopefully not!
0 Kudos