Menu
Andrewjohn46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin hub installed, need to completely reboot my (new) V6 TV box?

Hello. Yesterday a Virgin Media engineer came round to fix a broadband ssue. He installed a new Virgin hub 3.0. We then had to enter the new passcode on laptops and smartphones, and to reinstall the WiFi connection on the printer.

This leaves our V6 TV box, where the internet is no longer connected. While we can access terrestrial channels, we cannot now obtain get streaming services such as Netflix. Rather oddly, as this must be a common scenario, there seems to be way to simply enter the new WiFI passcode to the V6 device. Turning box off and on again does not resolve the problem.

I rather fear I will have to completely reboot the V6 box. I'd rather not do that, as it would erase all our recorded programmes. I'd be grateful for any advice. Many thanks

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Virgin hub installed, need to completely reboot my (new) V6 TV box?

Hi, if you press home then go to Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Change network settings.   Then select the new network and enter wifi password

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Andrewjohn46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've now done that  and that has worked.

Thanks very much for the reply.

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The advice from BumbleVMTech is spot on.

However, for future refence there is an easier way to get all your devices reconnected without having to enter a new network name and password on each device.

You can configure your Wi-Fi network name (known as the SSID - Service Set Identifier) and associated Wi-Fi password in your VM router.
So you can choose names and passwords you can easily remember. (But like all passwords they should not be easy to guess!).

You then set all your devices to connect to this new Name using the Password you defined.

What this means is if you need a new SH3 then all you have to do is configure the same SSID and Password into that new router; no need to reconfigure all your devices (and maybe forget some!)

0 Kudos
Andrewjohn46
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. That will be useful for future situations.

0 Kudos