Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New V6 remote Needed

What a joke. 

All I need is a new remote to replace unresponsive control. Go through the on-line process only for a technical issue at the last step telling you to restart the process. Tried this several times over several days with no change.

Bit the bullet and tried to ring, after 5 minutes of repeated menu's, the call goes through to a ring tone then gets cut off - repeatedly. 

I accept that the current corona virus might be causing issues, but I have to on-line work from home and have coped, and after 9 months to adapt, Virgin should be able to provide a better service. 

If someone actually reads this, please send me a new V6 remote.

Thankyou.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 remote Needed

Have you tried to order online?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very insightful person. Suggest you read post fully before offering advice.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My apologies. No need to be so snippy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fatal14,

Sorry to see you are having issues oredering a replacement remote.

Have you tried using a different browser, or incognito window when ordering online?

The phone lines are picking up, however it's best when it's least busy at 8am, or mid afternoon/tea time.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of replacement remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

In the meantime, you could download the TV Control app via the same link, and use that until you receive a replacement.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Dave,

I have tried multiple browsers/incognito's etc with same technical failure. Guess I will try the phone again. 

Just disappointed in the poor CS provided by Virgin. Must be a real pain the the backside for them to having paying customers reporting faults !!

0 Kudos