cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New V6 recordings

linny40
Superfast

Hi I have just installed a new V6 box from

an old TiVo box. We had series links on the old one. But when I’ve tried to add the series link to the new box it wants to charge me per episode. The channel is sky showcase where we recorded The Flash S9

but now on showcase its only showing S2 & S9 is now on Max that Virgin don’t have & it wants to charge us. 

how can I get the old series link work on the new V6 box on the showcase channel (109) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've missed a step in your photo there, you can also add multiple pictures to a single post FYI.

If the SL is set to recordings & VoD, a recording will always override a streaming video but that will be put into your "My Shows" as a shortcut when no broadcast episodes are available.

If you select that shortcut, it will look & feel like a recording - by design. But scroll down to the "Watch now" option, and if (as here) there's multiple sources, they will be listed with the chargeable one first. I think you're selecting this. Simply scroll down as in my picture below.

20230623_171828.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Series links can't be transferred between TiVo/V6 boxes, but there should be no problem creating a new one.

I suspect your series link settings are defaulting to "recordings & streaming videos", and there's currently no recordable episodes of the programme you want. A VoD version is available, but your package doesn't include it, hence the option of viewing it at cost.

My V6 is in use at the mo so I can't check this theory - but check your SL settings in the meantime, could you also confirm which TV package you're on? Check your bills/contract if you're not sure, but I suspect your SL is finding a box-set that is only included on top-tier Full-House/XL/Maxit

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi I have the top volt package ( pay a fortune)  iBut I checked the channel on the old box to make  to make sure it was sky showcase.not sure if the series has finished. But problem is box was 10 yrs old & no sound which is why we had to change  it. But it's also a pain the keep trying the change them over to view any old recordings. 

sky max is charging to watch it but maybe that's because also showcase they are only showing S2 - which is years old. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Volt means you have TV-Maxit, which includes box-sets.

The Flash shows on my V6 as being available via PPV for all series, but Sky Max OD for all except S5.

Upcoming broadcast episodes are old ones, so won't be caught if your SL are set to "new only". Post up your series-link settings please.

linny40
Superfast

IMG_2088.jpeg

linny40
Superfast

image.jpg

This photo is from the old box 

IMG_2090.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've missed a step in your photo there, you can also add multiple pictures to a single post FYI.

If the SL is set to recordings & VoD, a recording will always override a streaming video but that will be put into your "My Shows" as a shortcut when no broadcast episodes are available.

If you select that shortcut, it will look & feel like a recording - by design. But scroll down to the "Watch now" option, and if (as here) there's multiple sources, they will be listed with the chargeable one first. I think you're selecting this. Simply scroll down as in my picture below.

20230623_171828.jpg

Thank you. Managed to sort now & watch last night.

many thanks for your help 

ps didn't know I could send multi photos 😬