Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box wont turn on/boot up

Hi,

I recently had a new V6 box installed its been working fine for the past few days but now it wont turn on. The front light stays orange.

Turning it off at the wall & back on light flashes twice but stays orange nothing shown on the screen.

(Tried on another TV same issue.)

Is there some sort of ‘hard reset’ I can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box wont turn on/boot up

Good Evening marc_lucas,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum!

Sorry to read that you've been having issues with your V6 set top box. Have you managed to get this resolved with our team or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

No this is still an issue i'm trying to add a video but no luck.

Please let me know how to rectify.

Regards, Marc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Uploaded a video to Youtube

https://studio.youtube.com/video/SUHrRso4hpw/edit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi marc_lucas,

Thank you for confirming, I do apologise that you're still having this issue. It looks like you may have shared a url from within your YouTube account, meaning to links to a channel creation page rather than a video. Would you be able to share again?

I appreciate that you've already rebooted from the wall, have you tried performing a hard reset using the power switch on the back of the V6 itself? It might sound silly, but sometimes it makes a difference.

Is this just affecting one of your boxes? If so, would you be able to swap this with another in your home to rule out any internal cabling issues?

It may also be worth signing in to your MyVM account to run home diagnostics via our service page. This can help to identify and clear any faults within the box itself.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

I have tried a hard reset & swapped the box from another room confirming this one is faulty.

I have attached a link to a video of the issue. Note the power light flashing twice after powering on this must mean something? my other two V6 boxes do not do this when powered on.

Occasionally it will boot up ok but after about 5 mins power off & wont turn back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUHrRso4hpw&feature=youtu.be

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know Marc_lucas, 

Looks like we'll need to replace the box, to do this I need some details so I will pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same issue with the extra box we have in our bedroom, it's orange light and just rebooting. The drive in the box is making some awful noises. How do I arrange a replacement TIVO box please? I called customer support but they told me their system was being updated and not to return a call until the evening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, itsdaveclayton,

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 I am sorry you are also experiencing this issue as well I will pop you over a private message just keep an eye open for a purple envelope.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos