Menu
Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box locks up at 33% loading. Rebooted and reset several times and no change

3DF123F3-861F-47CE-9E34-7EF79680853B.jpeg30C2D7EA-3F2B-4DCF-8550-ACCBEF6BBD7D.jpeg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box locks up at 33% loading. Rebooted and reset several times and no change

Hi Hall2112,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your new V6 box.  

Do you have it connected to the internet as it needs that connection to complete setting up the TV?

It's also looking like the box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hall2112
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box locks up at 33% loading. Rebooted and reset several times and no change

Thanks, contact Virgin and they connected, although it’s weird that the instructions don’t tell you to do so 🤪
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Hall2112 

Glad you've got yours sorted, that's the main thing.

For the benefit of others reading this... the on-screen message sends you to this page, which advises you to call Virgin Media 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos