Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box giving error S102.

Hi - I have just received a V6 box to replace a possibly faulty Tivo box, also a new hub. The hub is installed and working fine but the V6 box gives me an S102 error and it is stuck at 33% loading and says unable to acquire channel info.

I called yesterday and asked about activating the V6 but was told that was not required and that someone would call me back within 4 hours to help. No call has been received. I have fallen back to the old Tivo box and this works okay despite the pixelating/stuttering picture quality that led to the V6 box being sent.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V6 box giving error S102.

Firstly how is your V6 connected to your homehub? The box needs a stable coax (for TV) and internet (for EPG updates and numerous other bits) connections for everything to work, and I've a feeling that 33% is indicative of the internet connection not being present. Ethernet is recommended, but WiFi should work with sufficient signal.

Unfortunately, being promised a callback within 4 hours sounds very much like C/S talk for "I'm not able to solve this so I'll say something to get you off the phone and let someone else fix it".

But having said all that, you've mentioned about pixellating pictures, which is always indicative of a service fault that's causing poor TV signal. I'm wondering if you have an underlying signal issue and that could be contributing to the activation issues.

You really are best off calling C/S to get this one resolved, I hope I'm wrong about the signal problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts - thanks for your response.

I have tried an ethernet cable to connect the hub to the V6, this made no difference. As the two are at opposite sides of the room I have gone back to wi-fi - there is a strong signal over by the v6 and the hub shows the v6 as connected. I tried disconnecting the coax cable to see if I got a different response to prove that I had a working connection here, it was similar but got stuck at 15%!

I have been having on-going problems for a month or two now with intermittent picture pixilation and interference. Sometimes not too bad but other times wide bars of distortion and break up with freezes and sometimes momentary complete loss of picture. Had a long discussion on this and they could not find any errors but they agreed to send out the v6 and a new hub in the hope that this would help. They were unable to schedule an engineer visit, no available slots. Not very good when you pay nearly £120 a month.

I will call again, luckily I am out of contract and Zen or Plusnet with Now TV is looking increasingly attractive.

rabbott - very frustrated person!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your mentioning picture is lending further weight to your underlying problems being signal issues - I think that needs an engineer to investigate further, and everything else will be affected by that until it's resolved.

Please try again to call though and push for an engineer appointment - if you genuinely get nowhere, post back here and we may be able to flag this for attention by forum staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get through to VM yesterday, very helpful person wfh in Swansea! It was an activation issue - he had to de-register the old Tivo box from my account then register the new V6 box. It all seems fine now and I have not had any further picture quality issues so I assume the old Tivo box was causing this. I will see how it goes for the next few days but hopefully it is all sorted out now.

0 Kudos