forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Ozzjim
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box No Channels on other box

Please help to avoid me calling and having to wait for hours. I have a new v6 box as the old one died, however I have installed it and it can't find any channels, while my other v6 box upstairs has now lost most of its channels and says it has not been activated. Please help. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 Box No Channels on other box

Ok, you're reporting two possible (separate) issues here.

If you've had replacement equipment, it usually comes pre-activated but this can occasionally fail - this would usually cause a 7400 error. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 has a few online steps that can often solve this, otherwise a call to 0800 9539500 with the box serial numbers handy, is the only way to resolve this.

If you're missing channels on an otherwise working TiVo/V6, then you can try the "channel refresh" menu option.

This is under Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ozzjim
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nope 1 issue, the wrong box has been deactivated. The new box is working fine, but my second box has now lost almost all channels and is reporting the 7400 code saying it has not been activated

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Righto - I slightly misread your original post and wasn't 100% sure

In which case following the online steps to resolve error 7400 is the way to go. If that doesn't work, call in first thing in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ozzjim
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where are the online steps?? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

See the link in my post 2 above.

Also copied here.... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

0 Kudos
Ozzjim
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

With all due respect that takes me to check my service status, which it does, then goes back round to ask if I have an error code. It is of no use whatsoever. 

I have been on hold for 50 odd minutes on the phone too, for the 3rd time this week trying to sort this out. Virgin and their incredibly useful customer service at their best. Extremely frustrating. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi the activation number is 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos