Menu
glyn5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box - No Catch-up or On-Demand

Hi, I took delivery of a new V6 box in November. This was a replacement for a TiVo box which had failed.

Since installing the V6 I have had no catch up or on demand services. The option simply displays error V210.

If I choose Search & Discover, TV & Movies I receive a C501.

If I try to select a past program from guide and chose catch up nothing happens.

All TV channels are working fine.

The box successfully connects to my network (I’ve tried both Ethernet and WiFi) and I am able to connect to the virgin media service.

I have 2 other V6 boxes which have no issues. Swapping the box out for one of these works fine (so not the TV or connections).

If I move it to another TV (where I have an existing working V6 box) I still have the same problem.

I suspect either the V6 is faulty or the automatic activation hasn’t worked.

Any help appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V6 Box - No Catch-up or On-Demand

If you've swapped the 2 boxes around, and the problem has followed the box, that's a pretty good bit of fault-finding, looks like you've done most of the things I would suggest and your next step will be to call Virgin Media and report the fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. If they can't resolve the fault over the phone, they should be arranging an engineer visit or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
glyn5
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 Box - No Catch-up or On-Demand

Thanks for the reply. I’ll keep trying to get through to VM. I’ll post an update once I get it resolved. Thanks again.

0 Kudos