Menu
Drumsmasher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New TV but poor picture...virgin only

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new Samsung TV and although the picture quality is great on Samsung TV and Netflix,  it is really poor on the Virgin channels.   It just seems pale and lacking in colour quality.   I have another Virgin box in the other room, on a Sony TV and the quality is fine.

Not sure why this is.  I've read other questions regarding similar problems on here but nothing on why it would only be on this TV that it is not so good.   I can adjust picture settings on the TV but it doesn't seem to make any difference.   

I'd be grateful for any advice please. Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TV but poor picture...virgin only

Firstly, which TV box are you using - check here if you're not sure

You've mentioned the PQ being really poor "on the Virgin channels" - what do you mean by this? Virgin is the TV platform, not the broadcaster..

You've then said that the picture is fine on another VM box (again, which type?) in another room.

Obvious follow on questions - what are the video output settings on both boxes? What TV sets are you using? Have you checked/changed HDMI leads/ports?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Drumsmasher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply  On both TVs we have the TV  v6 box.

The video output is 2160 and this was automatically detected as the best setting. 

I've moved the Hdmi cable on your advice. 

The thing is, the picture isn't terrible,  it's just a bit lifeless ....as in not very vivid in comparison to the TV in the other room.  Most noticeable on football matches where the pitch looks pale......almost as if its slightly foggy.  Sorry for my lack of technical knowledge! 

If I click on the Samsung TV app and watch something through that, the colours are brilliant which made me think it must be the Virgin box.....but again I may be wrong as I'm not technically gifted with tvs to say the least.  

Thanks again for your help 

0 Kudos
Drumsmasher
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK.....so an update of sorts.....

I changed the tv settings to Dynamic picture and it is great....apart from football!   The pitch looks illuminated!   It seems therefore that my issue is probably tv settings,  although again, I'm not sure!