Menu
YWoodward
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Channel

Hi, 

Does anyone know if we have a channel for GB News yet? It seems to be starting on the 31st May.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Channel

No channel number has been announced yet, though it'll probably be in the low 600's alongside all the existing news channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@YWoodward wrote:

Hi, 

Does anyone know if we have a channel for GB News yet? It seems to be starting on the 31st May.

The channel launch has been delayed (should have been March). A test slate is being transmitted on Freeview as it is a condition of them reserving the channel slot that they must be “using” it within 3 months. This is the only reason it is there. Will it launch on May 31st? We shall see.

PS. They have now reserved channel 216 on Freesat. No channel info on Sky or Virgin yet.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Looking at digital bitrate it seems VM may be testing 2 channels or apps, possibly GB News HD.

Digitalbitrate link 1  

Digitalbitrate link2 

If you have a satellite box, and either a Sky box or Freesat receiver, or inbuilt satellite tuner on your TV, then you should be able to manually tune into the test signals for GB News HD using the info below.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos