Menu
Steph_ajo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Network issue in area - 2 weeks to resolve

Hi there,

Our tv services have been down since Thursday (picture is completely distorted) and apparently there is a network issue in the area. I’ve been chasing virgin for an update and eventually got one saying it will take 2 weeks to fix. 2 weeks?! How can it take so long? Completely unacceptable and I will be cancelling my tv contract. Anyone had this issue before where issues take this long to be fixed? 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network issue in area - 2 weeks to resolve

That's rare (and disappointing); a very few VM performance issues drag on for many months, some individual connection problems are never resolved.  And conversely some problems get fixed sooner than the reported fix date.

Wait until the dust has settled, then search read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice, and ask for compensation for the loss of an adequate service for however many days.  You might have to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS to get a good result, but that's slow, so bear that in mind.  If they get it fixed soon probably not worth the time complaining.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steph_ajo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That’s all fair and well however I can’t wait 2 weeks for it to get fixed, we wfh and I’m sure plenty people in the area do as well and utilise the services.

I’d like someone from Virgin to clearly explain what the issue is in the EH4 area and why it’s taking 2 weeks to fix? I’ve had to call and chase them 3 times for an answer as there is no information on their website, it states that everything is ok in the area. Which is incorrect. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Steph_ajo,

Firstly how is your connection running at the moment? I can see that the area fault has been resolved and is no longer showing on your account. Your broadband stats on your account all show a stable connection.

The fault that you suffered was called an SNR fault, which is signal to noise ratio, this happens when there is noise interference on the network, this can take time as the engineers need to work out where this is coming from it could be something in one of our cabinets or a customer adding something to the network or using equipment that doesn't match the standard that we would use and this causes the interference on the network and finding the source of the issue can be time consuming that is why it would have taken so long to get this issue resolved in your area. 

I hope this makes sense Steph_ajo?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos