Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

can some explain to me how Netflix works on a V6. I assume i can try and connect Netflix to my TV via WiFi. Or I can connect to Netflix via ethernet cable from hub to TV (directly connected) this i can understand. How does it work if I connect to channel 204 which is Netflix on the V6 box. Does this stream directly through the cable connection? If this is the case why do you always get a connection problem. I can understand a connection problem via WiFi.. 

An explanation would be helpful thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

The Netflix app uses the internet connection between your V6 and your broadband router. If that is WiFi, it uses WiFi. If that is Ethernet, it uses Ethernet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So if I use VM 204 or whatever channel it's on then it's no different from using the Netflix app on your smart TV?  Sorry but I though that by using the channel on the V6 this provided a conduit via cable rather than WiFi or ethernet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, channel 204 simply starts the Netflix app on the V6 and runs through the internet, not the cable TV connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie I'll need to run an ethernet cable then. Christ I'd gave thought a distance of 30ft direct line from the router would have been fine..

0 Kudos