cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix subscription I didn't request is active with another users email address

wotsupnow
Joining in

My vm email and password was used after a site I used had its data hacked. I have now changed mine but found that netflix subscription was added to my accont. If I go into the app on the v6 it is in some foreign language asking for a PIN. Netflix need email the associated with this netflix user  , which isn't mine. Vm say they can cancel app but netflix will keep billing vm.

Spent last 3 hrs going between netflix and vm.

I see in the T&C's Virgin reserve /the right to refuse payment to Netflix, that would lead to netflix canceling the user.
but how do I get Virgin to do that

How do I stop this.
Presumably Virgin could speak to Netflix giving the invoice details as ID , Netflix could then find the user and delete them.

4 REPLIES 4

wotsupnow
Joining in

This is crazy! it's making me ill............

Netflix:  I can't give them the email to identify the account as it's been changed by someone else who is now watching Netflix for free. I can't give Netflix the transaction details on the bill to VM to identify it either as that isn't on my VM bill.

VM:  They have cancelled the subscription, but Netflix will continue to bill VM and VM will put that on my bill.

wotsupnow
Joining in

Just tried the VM "reset my Netflix email" link from my Virgin Media login. It takes me to Netflix and says not found.

Going via Netflix app on tivo box I get the PIN screen for the unknown thief who is logged in, so without getting past that I can't click on "get help" to see the email address being used.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wotsupnow,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community/

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with removing Netlfix from your account.

So this can be investigated by the neccesary team I've dropped you a PM, the message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

wotsupnow
Joining in

It's two weeks now since a reply from PM's. I had an email from VM saying VM had been removed as the payment method for Netflix and I would be getting refunded the two months charges.
This months bill has a third charge and no refund. 
Considering ditching VM altogether, been a customer 20+ yrs