Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Netflix - "We're having trouble playing this title..."

I am getting the above message on one of my V6 boxes at least once a day when trying to play a title (any title) on Netflix. I can browse through all titles no problem, but when I try to play one I get no more than a couple of seconds of playback before the above message appears. The other box is on the same network and works fine.

I can select more details and do the network test, and it always comes back fine. 

Restarting the box nearly always fixes it, but we all know his long that takes, and I'm getting fed up with it now.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - "We're having trouble playing this title..."

Hi Rabangus

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with Netflix recently. 

I've been able to take a closer look at this and run some tests, we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment though. Are you able to watch any On Demand or Catch Up content? Or content from any other applications? 

Are you noticing the issue occurring at certain times of the day? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Yes, on demand and other apps are fine - it's just Neflix that has issues.

As for time of day, no, there doesn't seem to be a pattern. What's weird is that the upstairs box which is on the same network is fine.

Regards

Rowan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rowan

Thanks for getting back to me about this, how is the downstairs box connected to the network? Is it the same method as the upstairs box? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 71
Flag for a moderator

The downstairs box is connected directly to the modem via ethernet cable - which is slightly different I guess from the upstairs box, which is connected via ethernet via powerlink - but should in theory be better!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rabangus

Thanks again for the response, I'd agree that a direct ethernet connection should be more reliable which makes it not as straight forward as it could be!

Could you reboot the downstairs box after reading this message? So I can get some up to date reports from testing it? If we're still experiencing the issue daily after that I'll request a member of the team investigate this as we're not seeing any general connectivity issues with the box at the moment.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig - that's been done..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rabangus

Testing the box again still shows no errors right now. The next time you get this error message, can you make a note of the time and let me know here? 

I'll check the connectivity logs from our end to see if the set top box is reporting any problems during that time.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Just happened at 12.28pm.

Regards

Rowan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 10 of 71
Flag for a moderator

I have had an issue like this in the past.  Each time I got the error message I noticed that the "no network connection" light would appear on the front of the box. The only way to fix it was by way of a reboot.  The solution I found was to remove the Ethernet cable and connect via WiFi instead, after the box disconnected from the network and without rebooting.  Been fine ever since

0 Kudos