Menu
eilidhmaria
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not compatible with TIVO

Since after Xmas, every time we are watching a film on Netflix we get an error code C233 and we have to re-boot the box. sometimes three times per night. We can watch Netflix on our laptops and iPads built get interrupted service with the TIVO box. really getting fed up with it now and looking at another provider.....

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix not compatible with TIVO

If your box says samsung on top this has been a longstanding issue that will never be resolved, the hardware just isnt good enough
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll add my stock answer here...

OnDemand & Streaming services on the TiVo (NOT the V6) have two issues:

1: The box is quite old and runs old hardware, it can struggle with the streaming apps (iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube) especially and this is one (of a few) reason why the additional apps are only available on the V6. There isn't any way of sugar-coating this, I'm afraid. @jb66 has already mentioned....

2: All OnDemand & streaming apps rely on an internet connection, the TiVo's is in-built (separate from your home broadband) but this often fails without users realising. On the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, the second-from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it and is your "online" light. A static light is good, but a flashing heartbeat lights means the TiVo's internet connection has failed. Anything relying on the internet will fail when this happens.

Scenario 2 is a fault, and you should report it to Virgin Media on the usual number (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). It may be an external network fault, but is often a box failure & replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

eilidhmaria
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - no it doesn’t say samsung on top. We have had the box for three years and the problem has only just started happening.

0 Kudos
eilidhmaria
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will contact VM tomorrow to see of we can get a new box. We have a permanent white light on the box. No other lights....
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you have a white light you do not have a Tivo

0 Kudos
eilidhmaria
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

eilidhmaria_0-1611083462986.jpegThis is it....

0 Kudos
eilidhmaria
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is a V6 TiVo `box white light says it is on red light says it is off. No other lights.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This means all past information on this thread is not applicable to your issue

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Indeed @jb66 !!

@eilidhmaria- forget the entire history of this post thus far, let's start from scratch.

The V6 doesn't have its own internet connection, it relies on a connection via your homehub - C233 is often (but not always) a connectivity issue.

Back to basics here - can you watch CatchUp programmes ok? If you're not sure - please try. Pick a programme from (non-BBC) CatchUp, so ITV/C4/C5, press "OK", and select "watch from catchup".

What happens, please be as precise as possible. If you get any error messages, what are they?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos