Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps needing a reboot

Hey

Whenever I try and load a Netflix show, it comes up saying we're having trouble playing this title, error code is tvq-pm-100.

Switching the box off and on works.

Anyone got any idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps needing a reboot

Hi that error code points to a network issue, how is your hub connected to the V6 if it's via WiFi try an Ethernet cable as this is a more reliable and stable way to do it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is connected via ethernet, it is next to the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi then maybe you don't have enough power to stream Netflix, as I said earlier the code indicates a network issue, you would be better off phoning they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels. In the meantime check the power levels of your hub.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Only had it installed 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So what, just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's wrong.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did I say that???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nope. Micky must be having a trying day 🙂
Even though the Hub is "new" there may be a power levels issue with it. So, post up the details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That error also gets caused by HDCP issues, which seems like a more likely culprit as a reboot fixes it, I have it permanently on Netflix (and the Amazon equivalent) when connected through my amplifier and projector (both HDCP 2.2 compatible) but works fine plugged into an old TV.

The HDCP implementation on the V6 seems a bit flaky TBH as it also has issues when you connect a mix of HDCP 2.2 and non-HDCP 2.2 components, which should work (though obviously you wouldn't get 4k).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have my V 6 box via my Soundbar, so might make sense.

0 Kudos