Menu
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps freezing

Having recently signed up with Netflix through VirginMedia, all movies freeze after ten minutes. I have the older tivo box installed and wondered when customers will get the new TV V6 box which hopefully will improve things.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps freezing

Thank you for the post Uncletosh and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if this is our Tivo box or an older one? It may say the make on the base. 

Is the box connected to the Hub through an ethernet connection or WiFi? Are any other broadband services acting up? As this is what Netflix is streamed through.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily. I have the older VM Tivo box (Samsung) but look forward to a TV16 replacement soon. This may correct the problem I have.

I have no problems with VM broadband but the recent addition of subscribing to Netflix (Channel 204) keeps freezing after about 20 minutes and a message comes up that I do not subscribe to various TV channels (but I do).  The box is connected to the Hub and I normally have no problems with VM channels, but since subscribing to Netflix, it keeps cutting out.

Many thanks,

David S.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If this is the Tivo 500 box then it should still be working to standard as this isn't a legacy box. 

Can you please try go through the below steps for me and let me know if this works following this?
Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes I have tried "Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now"   several times but it doesn't cure the problem.

Any other ideas, other than me being patient and waiting for the super new TV16 box which I'm told will come sometime this year?

David S.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

An upgrade to the V6 if you have a Tivo500 would incur a cost to install if we don't go through some tests first to fix this. 

Have you run through a pin hole reset of the Hub? 

When you plug both sides of the ethernet into the Hub does the back light up? This confirms the ethernet is working to give your Tivo the internet connection.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. I have no problem with the VM hub and the back light lights up white. Ethernet is working fine for my computer,

but the input tv co-axial wire coming in to the house which plugs/screws into the tivo box, could be at fault.

Not only does Netflix freeze after 20 minutes or less, but an error code comes up to say this channel is only available on subscription (even BBC-1 Channel 101).

0 Kudos
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Emily. Just to clarify my previous message... I have a co-axial cable coming in upstairs in the house to serve my computer. Great!

Another co-axial cable downstairs which feeds the Tivo 500 box. It's this one which is problematic.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clarifying this, can you see any visible damage to the downstairs cable coming into the property? 

I'll pop you over a private message as if you've tried all of the above it may go down the replacement route but we would need to double check by going through the account as it may recommend an engineer visit if it is wiring that needs replacing. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
uncletosh
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Emily: No visible damage to the co-axial cable coming in to the tivo box.

Thanks

0 Kudos