Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps crashing

My netflixs keeps freezing then I get the message check internet connection, iv checked cables and rebooted numerous times, I even bought a Ethernet cable, but to no avail it's still happening, I phoned virgin but just get automated response, help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps crashing

Are you using a V6 or a TiVo box - if you're not sure, check here 

Advice on how to deal with this issue, does depend on which box you're using...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A TiVo box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, the TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection - on the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, and the second from left has a heart symbol next to it. This green LED is your "online/internet" status and should be solidly on. If it ever flashes, it's indicating your box has lost its internet connection and that's a fault.

BUT... if you also have VM broadband and have had your package a while, then it may be worth considering a swap to a V6 box which is much newer & quicker, and handles all the apps much better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it flashes when I lose connection, iv been with virgin since it took over my original broadband provider in 2005ish. Will they replace it for free or is there a charge?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It depends really... if you've had your current package more than a year, then you could potentially renegotiate onto a newer bundle (could be cheaper) and try to bargain a box-swap into the deal.

You might also find that if you ask the faults agent or engineer nicely, they may offer one.

Ordinarily there would be charges, but if you ask nicely and are willing to re-contract for 12/18months for a new deal, you never know...