cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix failures through TIVO

rmitch40
Tuning in

I have to turn my tivo box off and on almost every day in order to clear Netflix error messages. Doesn't happen for any other apps (e.g. Prime, BBC iPlayer). I have spoken to Netflix direct, who's answer was to (wait for it).... turn the box off and on.

Completely boiling my brain. Why/how can this happen with only one app? And what can I do to sort it? New box?

80 REPLIES 80

Thank you for that information. 

Can you please try connecting the box straight to the Tv to see if there are any issues. 

If there are no issues, please try another port on the Onkyo. 

^Martin

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

I replaced the HDMI cable.

Connected the V6 to the TV directly. No change. It works after a reboot of the v6 - for a few days then stops again. Same error.

I reconnected the Onkyo now we know its not relevant.

I can still stream lower resolution shows from Netflix/prime via the v6. 

Could this be related?

20220929_015633.jpg

What were you trying to access when you got that message Probman? Was it On Demand or Catch Up? Do you still get this message when trying to use either of those services?

Rob

I tested with "the last leg" from last week (channel 4) and the 1st episode of "skin walker ranch" (sky history).

Both get that message. 

I restarted the v6 using the 👎 👎 👎last channel. It's working again. But will stop again.

Same applies to Netflix/prime

Hi Probman,

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I am sorry if this has been causing a lot of frustration for you. 

I was about to do some diagnostic tests on your TV box, however it seems it's offline. 

Could you turn them on so that we can check their specs and run through tests on our side please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan, 
I'm at work at the moment, but the TV Box should be in Standby. Apart from reboots, it doesn't get switched off.

We only have 1 TV box & the Router. If you are able to see the router but not the V6, then there's a different issue.

I've replaced the HDMI & network cable. 

Kind regards

Karl

Hello Probman,

Sorry to hear you are still having an issue with Netflix.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

We are having exactly the same issue with VoD and streaming apps not playing and requiring a daily v6 box reset to rectify.

Netflix error code is tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12)

VoD error code 669

Set up is v6 box plugged directly into 2021 Samsung Frame TV via HDMI. A daily reboot can't be the answer to this issue.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @walshy252, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the On Demand and Applications.

Can you confirm if the set top box is connected to the router via Ethernet cable or via Wi-Fi?

If this is via Ethernet cable, is this with the cable we provided or one you have purchased?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn