cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix failures through TIVO

rmitch40
Tuning in

I have to turn my tivo box off and on almost every day in order to clear Netflix error messages. Doesn't happen for any other apps (e.g. Prime, BBC iPlayer). I have spoken to Netflix direct, who's answer was to (wait for it).... turn the box off and on.

Completely boiling my brain. Why/how can this happen with only one app? And what can I do to sort it? New box?

80 REPLIES 80

I should also say that Netflix and prime play fine on my smart tv’s apps. It is only through virgin tv that the apps are failing.

scouseuk
Dialled in

i have this problem with netflix and prime

both  worked  no problem

but since the last update   a few weeks back i cant get either to work now

catch up doesnt work either

so what are virgin doing to sort this out out as i   am getting peeved that nothing has been sorted as of yet

Hi scouseuk

Sorry to hear that has happened 

What errors are you getting when you try and access the content 

Any error codes at all 

Gareth_L

sorry just seen this every think is ok now had to go into settings and refresh channels
all working as it should
thanks

Hi scouseuk, thanks for the message and posting on the forums. I am glad to see that everything is now okay with the Netflix service. Please message us if you need any further assistance and have a good day. ^Chris

Did taking the soundbar out fix it?

I'm also getting tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12) error code.

Hi @Probman

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues at this time. 

Can you elaborate on the issue you are having? Are you also not able to access Netflix or Prime or can you access one and not the other? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,
I can usually access Netflix & Prime, but occasionally I get tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12) error code on Netflix and won't play anything on Netflix or Prime. Rebooting the V6 fixes it. This has been happening for at least 2 years. My HDMI cables are all made by Chord, the AV Receiver (Onkyo TX-NR575e) is capable of 4k. If I switch to the Samsung TV Netflix app, that works, as does the PS4 pro (4k).

I'd prefer to use the V6 for Netflix/Prime on the same remote.

Kind regards

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening @Probman and than you for expanding for us. 

Are you able to try the HSMI cable in another port on the TV at all? 

Thanks again.

Hi Ash,

the V6 & PS4 are attached to the Onkyo receiver. Then to the TV via the TV's ARC HDMI port.
Are you advising moving the HDMI from the V6 into another Onkyo port, or moving the HDMI from the Onkyo to the TV into a different port on the TV?

I can try both anyway.

I don't want to cut out the Onkyo & go from the V6 to the TV as the sound goes via the Onkyo.