cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix failures through TIVO

rmitch40
Tuning in

I have to turn my tivo box off and on almost every day in order to clear Netflix error messages. Doesn't happen for any other apps (e.g. Prime, BBC iPlayer). I have spoken to Netflix direct, who's answer was to (wait for it).... turn the box off and on.

Completely boiling my brain. Why/how can this happen with only one app? And what can I do to sort it? New box?

80 REPLIES 80

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're right - it's moved since I last had cause to check a couple of weeks ago. My box is being used now so I'll have a hunt later, but in the meantime, what do you see in the network connections screen? Do you have an IP address on the RHS and regular connections on the LHS?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, both of those seem fine. IP address there, and regular connections.

perhaps the virgin person was right and just by turning my hub on and off the problem is solved? I’ll know by tomorrow.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well if they were right, there's no reason for your V6 to suffer alone, and all connected devices will suffer from whatever the issue is. Laptops, tablets, phones, mobiles, everything.

If the problem recurs, try watching an OnDemand programme directly from the EPG/ V6 menus and see what error codes you get. That would be useful in diagnosing further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Oh yeah, true. And I’ve had no issues with other devices.

can you go into a bit more detail about what you want me to do with OD and getting an error code if it happens again please?

Hi rmitch40, when it happens again and watching through the guide, please post here the error code/ screen shot and we will be able to look into this for you. ^Chris

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rmitch40 wrote:

can you go into a bit more detail about what you want me to do with OD and getting an error code if it happens again please?

So next time you have a problem with streaming, try watching an OnDemand programme - pick anything non-BBC (that's another app) from your EPG/Menu system and "watch from CatchUp".

If it fails, make a note of the error code. If it works, then retry streaming since both methods use the same internet connection.

Hi Japitts

so, tonight Netflix won’t even load and I get this:

98C9033B-1F4C-49A4-B509-4C7DD1A7E40E.jpeg

I try Prime and it loads but no titles will play.

I try a non-bbc on demand show, and get ‘this show is temporarily unavailable’ and a code right hand corner of 603.

BBC iPlayer works fine.

In case that image doesn’t get ‘checked’, the Netflix error code is NW-2-5.

And then Netflix does load, but no tilted will play. Code bottom right is tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12)

Last one (sorry) - Netflix plays fine on my mobile phone app using my virgin wifi.