Menu
Sky1950
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and Prime not playing on V6 box

Hi, I have a new virgin V6 box all working fine apart from Netflix and Amazon prime not playing, all devices are hard wired, we sign into the app's and the play list come up but when we try to play the selection we get a message "Somethings gone wrong try later" also catch up only works on BBC iPlayer, I tried reset/reboot but no change, no internet problems, any help would be appreciated.

Steve

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Prime not playing on V6 box

Hi Steve,

It might be a problem with your ethernet cable. Is it HDMI2.2 compliant?

Please follow the instructions here to see if it helps virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

It might also be that with it being a new box that the apps haven't been added fully yet as they sometimes  update later. You can see if they'll update by

using your remote control and clicking on HOME Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and pressing OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sky1950
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply, I'm just running the refresh channels now, the HDMI cable is 2.2 and was working fine with my Humax box, strange thing is the apps work fine on the TV direct without the virgin box, also BBC iPlayer is the only catch up playing?

Steve
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you're using any apps on your TV directly without the Virgin box then, by definition, that has nothing to do with Virgin.

Just to clarify, are you able to watch OnDemand programmes from non-BBC channels? That would prove the box's internet connection.

If all apps fail, it's likely to be a connectivity issue. If some fail but, say, iPlayer works, then it could easily be an HDCP issue as suggested by newapollo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sky1950
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave/Japitts,

Thanks for the advice, I checked all cables suitable for a ultra HD TV my setup is quite complex as the box and dvd player go to my Linn network player then that connects to the ARC hdmi on a Sony TV, anyway the problem has been resolved but I'm not quite sure how, I refreshed all the channels but no change, I then looked at video output on the settings, did a my display output check and set it on auto, then I switched off the V6 box and on the TV signed into channels 1/3/4/5/ closed the TV down back to the V6 box and !!! all TV apps playing including Netflix and Prime, I was not sure if you have to have accounts on the channels to get catch up playing through the V6 box but all seem's fine now, so thanks for all the suggestions.

Steve  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Steve,

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed (and eyes too) that everything continues working correctly now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sky1950
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

With regard to my last post unfortunately after a day my V6 box would not play any apps/catch up apart from BBC iPlayer, so to eliminate leads I connected the box direct to the tv with the hdmi lead supplied and no change, after then selecting help/V6 box/restart the apps all worked, however last night it would not play again so another restart and they returned, it is as though the V6 box is not retaining it's settings in this field, I will check it again tonight but any more advise would be welcome.

Thanks Steve

0 Kudos