Menu
F4Freddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and Prime Apps stopped working.

Both my Netflix and Prime Apps have stopped working through my V6 Box.

Originally reported to Virgin Media on 23/08/2020 and their usual standard of service has meant that nothing has been done.  

When you eventually get through to speak to a VM Representative, they state that only Technical can resolve the issue and put you through.  After waiting on the end of the phone for 59 minutes it automatically hangs up.

I'm currently on minute 43 for the 5th time and expect to get cut off shortly.

For clarity, my Netflix and Prime accounts both work on my SmartTV and Mac using virgin broadband.

Has anyone else suffered the same loss of Netflix and/or Prime Apps through their V6?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as VM don't seem bothered!

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Prime Apps stopped working.

What do you mean by stopped working? Won't load, won't play? Do you get any error messages/codes?

Do you have a 4k TV? Is it new? Have you tried a new high speed HDMI cable or different HDMI port?

How is the V6 connected to the hub? Have you reset the V6 and hub?

0 Kudos
F4Freddy
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They both load but unable to actually play.  It gives an error message that the service isn't available.

I have a 4K smart TV and they both work perfectly via the TV but not through the V6.

I've reset the the V6 on numerous occasions.  V6 is connected via Ethernet cable.

Apparently this is a very common problem across the forum but with definitive resolution by VM.

The good news is that I am still on hold after 1h20m.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a hdcp issue. Have you tried getting the V6 to rescan for available output resolutions and then unticking everything except 1080p, 2160p and 2160p passthrough?

Do you have a high speed HDMI cable in place and have you tried a new one?

0 Kudos
F4Freddy
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

High speed HDMI Cable used and replaced but still the same issue.

I was cut off from waiting for technical at 18.30pm (after 1hour, 28mins), so presume that they are now closed for the day.

This forum is a great idea for like minded customers that want to give and receive advise regarding their VM; however, its biggest failing is that VM don't seem to view the complaints and offer resolution.

I've just done some checking and there are 26 threads regarding the same issue with Prime, Netflix or both and not one thread has been successfully closed out by either the forum but more specifically VM.

Does anyone have a direct email address for VM Technical so that I can send them a message and ask for help?  VM representative informed me earlier this afternoon that Techinal call backs can't be arranged!!!!

Thank you for your help and assistance Cueball99.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In the grand scheme of things the issue effects very few customers and most issues are solved by a reboot.

There is no email address, just phone, text service and here. Someone from VM should be along in a few days.

Have you tried getting the V6 to rescan?

Does Netflix not give you any error code at all? Normally there is code which gives an idea of what your issue might be.

Can you also delve into the help section of the V6 menu and run a broadband speed test (sorry can't remember exactly where it is and I'm not near my V6 at present) but press the play button on the remote, rather than ok, when you run it. This will then display the actual connection speed?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cueball99,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear your Netflix and Prime apps aren't working.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am suffering with the same issue, and my post is probably one of the many you read. There is no fix for this for me anyway, the engineer even replaced the box and the issue returned the next day. Yes a reboot will fix it temporarily, but the issue returns the following day. It’s usually Netflix and Prime that don’t work, but on occasion it is all on demand services through the V6 that fail.

Every other device in the house works fine, and I have tried both wireless and Ethernet with the V6, issue always returns. I’m hoping the next update will fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, I have no issues, all apps work fine. It's F4Freddy that has the issue.

0 Kudos