Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and Amazon Prime not working on V6

After working perfectly for months Netflix and Amazon Prime has stopped working on my V6 box. If I reboot the box they both work fine until I put the box on standby and try again.  They on Amazon I get a black screen and on Netflix the message programme unavailable try again later. Is this problem caused by a recent software update? I've a new Sony 4k tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Amazon Prime not working on V6

Exactly the same here, I have reported on here and an engineer came out on Tuesday. He swapped the box but I did say that I believe it is software/firmware related. And a day later the problem comes back!

Frustrating to say the least. We only just went from the old TiVo to the V6 as the on Netflix and on demand was slow on the the older boxes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It sounds as if they are not connecting to the tv correctly to get HCPC authorization.

Can you check the video out settings on the V6 and feed back here?

Not been the long awaited software update for a long time.

Something else to try is switch the tv on about 10 seconds before the V6 is taken out of standby.

@radier_101 wrote:

After working perfectly for months Netflix and Amazon Prime has stopped working on my V6 box. If I reboot the box they both work fine until I put the box on standby and try again.  They on Amazon I get a black screen and on Netflix the message programme unavailable try again later. Is this problem caused by a recent software update? I've a new Sony 4k tv. 

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've tried various video output settings. Currently set to 2160p and 2160p pass through. The odd thing I've noticed is that immediately after a restart I get the auto detect video output option and Netflix and Amazon both work. This option then disappears after coming out of standby then both apps fail. If I previously ticked the 2160 pass through option then at this point I can't untick it! So has to be a software fault?? I've tried switching the TV on before coming out of standby but this doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I find best settings here are 1080p  2160p  and 2160p passthru.

Not an issue I've ever seen myself - but lots of reports of similar on both V6 and SkyQ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How is your V6 connected to the Hub?  Do you have any WiFi repeaters or Powerlines?  

A V6 reboot should fix this issue, but it would be good to find out the above as I've has a similar issue and I have Plume.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's connected via powerline but that's not the problem. The Internet connection is fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It is worth trying without powerline - they do cause some issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The description above is a mirror of mine, ethernet, wireless, new box, tried all output settings etc and the problem will always come back. Netflix and Prime work perfectly on the in built tv app and only issue is on V6. Rebooting the box daily fixes the issue until the next day, if I’m lucky it will go for two days at a push.

Unfortunately we are having to juggle tv remote controls as using in built tv apps as that works. Ideally would like it all working from v6 and one remote!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes you are having the same problem as me. Strange thing is that I watched all 7 seasons of Lost on Amazon Prime on the V6 box during March to May with no problems.  But since July I have to keep rebooting the box to get it to work. I've given up on the V6 box now unless some firmware or software fix is released. I use the built in apps on my TV which work fine. Wish VM would fix the problem though for convenience.

0 Kudos