Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Wont work on Main V6 Tivo Box

Hi There

Last week my main Virgin V6 box stopped allowing me to watch Netflix? It loads and you can search etc. but when you try and watch something I get the below error message:

'We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select another title' and a code also appears int he bottom right hand corner of the screen tvg-pm-100(5.2.12). Obviously I have tried lots of different programs and nothing will play.

My 2nd Tivo V6 box in another room works fine.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix Wont work on Main V6 Tivo Box

You can do a factory reset but that may be OTT at the moment as it will erase all recordings, series links, etc.
So first try switching it off and unplugging it for 5 minutes. When you then start it up, it will remake the Network connection it needs for Netflix.
Also, what Hub do you have and how is the V6 connected to it - wifi, ethernet, powerlines?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Jon

So its the HUB 3 and the box is connected via a powerline adaptor didn't Know you could connect via WiFi?

So i did the reset and now connects to Netflix, great thanks but the picture is now constantly jerking??? I'll giveita few hours to see it it settles.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So - do you mean its still on the powerline connection? Did you pull that out and try the wifi option?

It may be jerking because there is "noise" on your electrical circuit or the Powerline is not performing properly - or - the wifi signal isnt strong enough.

The "best" way to connect is obviously via a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable if that is at all possible. Its not really that difficult using long runs of a flat cable that is both cheap and easily hidden below carpets, between carpet and skirting boards etc - if at all possible.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

its still on powerline but will give a go trying to connected via wifi as my wifi speed is 576mb

its a little hardly to get a CAT cable to the box as my HUB 3 is on the 3rd floor of my house and Tivo on ground floor! Hence why if have upgrade my WiFi with nodes to improve WiFi and my powelines aren't the best as my wiring is old.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK worth a try on the wifi - just pull the cable out and leave it as before switch it on - select the SSID of your network + password and see if it connects ok. Obviously it will depend on the signal strength at the location of the box which will diminish with distance and obstructions and interference etc. It also works better on the 5GHz band when possible - but unless you have renamed the bands SSID's to separate them - then the V6 will just select the band it thinks is better. May be fine of course - suck it and see 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks the node is in the same room so shouldn't be an issue.
0 Kudos