Menu
BTISBETTER
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix / Prime causes signal loss

Whenever I'm loading or exiting Netflix or Amazon Prime there is a 75% chance TV will lose signal from V6 box, I then switch box off and on again to restore connection. Very occasionally it also happens whilst browsing for something to watch on these services.

To date I've tried different HDMI cables, HDMI inputs, restarting box and hub, pinhole restarting hub, cable to box and wifi to box. Nothing makes any difference. Happens on all TV's in house (only three and I've tried this box on each).

Is it time to accept box has a fault and I need a new one?

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix / Prime causes signal loss

Have you tried selecting passthrough on video output settings, failing that a factory reset of the V6 box to force the apps to be reinstalled?

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When this happens, I suggest you try changing the Source on your TV and then changing back to the HDMI that the V6 is connected to.

This can sometimes resolve this situation by forcing your TV and V6 to handshake again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BTISBETTER
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies / helpful sggestions. I had the output set to 1080i passthrough & 1080i. I have now set this to auto and it chose 2060 (I think - not in sitting room just now) and we got through a whole evening without a drop out so fingers crossed. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

0 Kudos