Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Issues

Hi there,

I have been having a lot of trouble watching Netflix on both channel 204 and the app on Virgin Media.

I get the following screen...
Capture.PNG

If I go into More Details and run the tests...
Capture1.PNG

My V6 box is connected to the Hub via an Ethernet cable. 

I also have Netflix on my Smart TV which works fine (also connected to the Hub via an Ethernet cable).

I have tried restarting the service and the V6 box. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issues

I have same problem and also affects Prime. I am also connected to router by cable and do not have a problem with anything else. I have no problem watching via my XBox or smart TV so looks like a Virgin problem to me.

According to Customer Service this is a known problem currently with  IT to resolve. I reported on Fri 15th May.

Problem can be resolved 'on the day' by a Reset but this is not an acceptable solution of course.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I actually think this is a Netflix issue as I sometimes also get this on my Netflix app on my smart tv. 

Turning  the tv off and back on again normally rectifies this.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi deans6571.

Many thanks for response but as I said I also get a problem with Prime and both work flawlessly from both XBox and smartTV apps.

Neither do I have any problem with catchup services - iPlayer, ITV Hub etc, so am wondering if perhaps Netflix/Prime use a different streaming protocol?

I have also restarted the Virgin Hub but problem persists. Problem is always resolved temporarily by a V6 reset but I have to do it every day. 

I am going to wait a week to see if the IT dept. comes up with something. 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@blarnnie wrote:

Hi deans6571.

Many thanks for response but as I said I also get a problem with Prime and both work flawlessly from both XBox and smartTV apps.

Neither do I have any problem with catchup services - iPlayer, ITV Hub etc, so am wondering if perhaps Netflix/Prime use a different streaming protocol?

I have also restarted the Virgin Hub but problem persists. Problem is always resolved temporarily by a V6 reset but I have to do it every day. 

I am going to wait a week to see if the IT dept. comes up with something. 🤔

deans6571_0-1589958872586.png

....looking at your screen shot above, have you looked on the Netflix support site to see what that error code means (circled above)? It normally gives steps to correct it.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi deans6571

Many thanks again.

The Netflix error is tvq-pb-101 (5.2.12) which Netflix says 'typically points to information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed' with a solution of restating the box which I do everyday since my box seems to be forgetting 'this information' every time I put it into standby!

Another explanation suggests an HDCP issue with an intermediate bit of kit such as a soundbar which indeed I have. My XBox is also connected via the soundbar without issue but I will investigate further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You could try signing out of Netflix

Settings->Netflix Account Information.

Then sign back in again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tx Eeeps for response. I tried this early on in my investigation but no change.

Its not a Netflix problem per se as it also happens with Prime. In both cases I get the front screens listing the programmes; it's just that I can't play them unless I do a reset after every standby.  I think it's a HDCP problem which I'm currently researching.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

did you get to the bottom of this?

We have just moved to V6 from TiVo, and every day all on demand services don’t work and require a box restart. Such a shame, on demand on other devices work no problem and so related to the box itself. I have tried bother wireless and Ethernet, played with power saver settings and various reboots of the modem and router too, to no avail.

So annoying as had such high hopes for the V6, which is just a week old today!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Jaybe.

Can we please confirm if you've got the new box plugged into the Hub through ethernet or is this running through WiFi?

Are you experiencing any other broadband issues in the property as this is what these apps run through? 

Can you please try the below steps and let us know how this goes?

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos