Menu
rmbolton
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Error

Hi, we are constantly getting the error that Netflix cannot play a title at the moment but I can play the same title on all our other devices connected to the same network. I have logged out of Netflix, I have rebooted the box, the router the switch and the WiFi AC. I have also lowered the video output.

Any other suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Error

Can you use other streaming apps or OnDemand ok?

That's a good way of proving the V6's internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rmbolton
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I can confirm that all other streaming apps work as expected. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi rmbolton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for this Netflix issue. How's things been since posting? We're not aware of any issues so I do hope it's all sorted. If not, how's the box connected to the internet, wired/wireless?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
rmbolton
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Good evening

Still the same, it's connected via cable with TiVo network speed of 127.

I can't think what this could be other than a dodgy TiVo box as all other devices are okay.

Cheers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is this error happening on all programmes within Netflix, or just particular ones? Does it make any difference if you find a NF programme from within the V6 EPG/menu system and then select "watch from Netflix"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
rmbolton
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

For testing purposes I am only trying the one movie that I know has always failed. But now it fails on all movies. I have tried via WiFi and plugged in and get the same result. I go to channel  204 press the red button, search for a movie and it fails. I am also unable to use another profile as it then hangs and I need to reboot. After a reboot some movies work but not all. Can you please arrange a new TiVo box?

Sincerely

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is it only the Netflix app that's problematic?

Just for clarity - I know this has already been mentioned and I suspect this is just an issue of terminology - but you keep referring to a TiVo, but this doesn't have WiFi and you've previously mentioned a V6. The two are different boxes entirely. Can you confirm you're definitely using a V6? This page has pictures of the boxes if you're not sure.

If your box does end up getting replaced, you'll lose all your recorded programmes anyway - so there's nothing to lose by working through each level of reset under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box. Each reset has on-screen guidance as to what you'll lose.

From what you're describing, it sounds to me like an issue with the Netflix app more than anything. Edited to also query - what software version is your box running? Check under Home > Help & Settings > System Info.

0 Kudos
rmbolton
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It's definitely V6, I have done a reset which took a long time but sadly the issue persists.

The version is 20.10.1.1 RC5 VMB 11 C 68

Thank

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you once again for reaching out. 

Do you have more than one box? If so is it happening on the other boxs? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos