Menu
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Audio DD+ or Dsur

Hi

Been a subscriber for about 8 months, and never had had anything but problems with this V6 box.

This is regarding the sound on Netflix and Prime if i select as it should be DD in the settings on the display on my receiver keeps alternating between DD and Dsur, but if I select PCM it only shows Dsur.

It's driving me nuts and has done for all this time i've made so many phones i've gone giddy all they do is "oh well do an OTA update" well they never work.

Anybody know of a workaround please?

OH and to say i'm fed up with Virgin is and understatement, they are inept, clueless, bunch of know nothings.

I was told by a recent visit by and engineer that VM were bring out a redesigned box and remote, and boy do they need an injection of reality and knowhow, if nothing else for christ sake make the zapper backlit.

0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix Audio DD+ or Dsur

Is that not expected behaviour?

If the input is DD, will upmix using DSUR? So it flicks between the two to show you thats the case ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello bud

Thanks for the reply.

So then is what you are saying, that in spite of selecting one or the other DD or Dsur because the option for DD as mine is should be causes the problem.

So if I choose Dsur the Amp/Receiver display stays on this option, it's very off putting as the Amp is on a stand right in front of me, and i'm not getting the correct Audio format.

Best Regards: canthackit

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

On my V6 I have set 'Dolby Digital' (not the PCM option) - and my amp switches between DD+, DD5.1, DD2.0 and PCM as expected for regular tv, Netflix and Amazon.

Are you going direct from the V6 to the amp - or via a TV?

If you can post same example assets to check here I can tell you what my amp reports.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

OK and Hello mate.

I have my Yamaha 4K Amp connected to my 4K LG OLED tv with ARC enabled on HDMI two, 

I have four devices including the Tivo connected to the Amp so the control center is the Yamaha, so I use the Amp to connect to the desired device.

On the V6 I have 2160p resolution enabled plus a couple of the other resolutions.

And so on the audio settings I select the DD option and this is the one that causes the problem on the Amp display with it alternating between DD and Dsur.

For the most part selecting Dsur solves the problem there, but it's not as it should be even the instructions tell you it should be DD direct.

Regards: Will

0 Kudos
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh yeah forgot.

i'm running all the above through my newly purchased 5.1.2 system, and when it's not right it can sound pretty crappy.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On the V6 - you should have 'Dolby Digital' set if using a 5.1 or more amp  -  'Dolby Digital to PCM' is only for regular one or two sound channel users.

I'm using a Yamaha 4K amp with no issues - have 'Dolby Digital' set on V6.

The amp should display  PCM audio  when watching SD channels - and either 2.0 or 5.1 for most HD/UHD channels.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Why are you using ARC? I'd expect the following setup.

V6 --> Yamaha --> LG
              --> other devices
--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Because it boots 2 devices TV and Amp it wont boot the V6, i have to do that separately.

0 Kudos
canthackit
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That's what i am saying bud,  i do have DD enabled but that's what causing the problem.

And I do agree totally with your comment, that's the way I understand it but it's not happening.

0 Kudos