After receiving my V6 and being forced to change to the SH3 I was faced with this problem also with Netflix, figured out the reason for it via another TiVo site that suggested the error is caused by a DNS issue and sure it was you HAVE to use the virgin DNS server 126.96.36.199 and then it connected, I had my server using Google’s DNS server and this is my DHCP server not the SH3 this is why it wasn’t working even though other devices on the WiFi can access Netflix through Google’s DNS
I had this problem this morning when installing my V6. I have a Hub 2 in router mode, connected to an ASUS router. The V6 is connected via wifi.
I have posted this on an a similar thread, so I used copy and paste.
"I just installed the V6 box and ran into this error. As many others, I have an ASUS router connected to a SH2, via WIFI Anyway, didn't want to mess around too much so I took the DMZ approach to the V6 and it worked perfectly. Steps. You need to find the IP of the V6 box. Do this by going into the "Help & Settings" option of the "Home" screen. Then click on "Network". On the right of the screen you see "IPaddr.:" followed by your IP. Take a note of it because that is the IP of your V6 box. Login to the router and find the "WAN" tab. Click that and you should see a tab "DMZ". Enable the DMZ, then enter the IP of the V6 box. Then apply. Once you have done that try Netflix. IMPORTANT. If it worked OK then make sure you DISABLE the DMZ and save. DMZ means Demilitarized Zone and will create a weakness in your network if left open. Netflix will work fine after you close the DMZ, it just needed to be open at start.
OK, made some progress with this today, Third call to the Virgin support desk.
when your really stuck always better to phone during the day as you get the british based support. went through the usual settings, now I know my internet is fine, and Iplayer and youtube work fine on the V6 box. When you click on Netflix it pops up trying to load the app but cant and give the (v312) error. which basically points to network issue.
searching through the knowledge base we came across a strange one but we tried it. the suggestion was to turn on the web safe applications virus safe and child safe.
the operator did this for me we restarted the v6 box once again, I tested the Netflix app and could not believe my eyes when netflix came up.
so if you have a similar issue to my error. you can do this with your online account.
Access your Virgin Media account online go to myapps go to web safe turn on both the virus and child safe options restart your V6 box test your internet on the V6, youtube / iplayer launch your netflix app, login turn off your child safe option, suggest leaving on the virus one though.
your netflix should now be working.
hope this has helped. I dont know why but it worked for me, the connection between V6 and Netflix must have been looking for some secure IP connection to launch.
everyone pray for Virgin to create a Windows 10 app so we can watch our recordings on our professional tablet devices.
So, I turned off my virus and child safe settings first, as described by Crouchingsleep described, then if you have your own WIFI router (using VM router in modem mode) remove all cables only plug the V6 directly the VM super hub. Reboot the SH and when the light goes purple on the SH, power on the V6. Once on the home screen, go to settings and network and then make sure that you can connect to the VM services, if that works try the Netflix app again, on my second attempt it loaded and I logged in.
I then reverted all the network to the original state and reboot both again in the same sequence as above and tested Netflix again and it was all good.
Good luck, I had 4 phone calls and not one of the engineers could help me, **bleep** poor support from VM.
Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.
I'm really sorry to hear that it took you many attempts to be advised of this sequence to get this working for you.
We are aware of a known issue and the information you have advised is the work around we have been advised of until the team manage to get this corrected.
If you would like me to open a case for you to show your dissatisfaction I would be more than happy to do so. Just reply to the private message I have sent you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, but I have fixed this myself, I had the V6 for 3 months and this is the worst support on a topic. To be far this is the first time in the 14 years that I have had an issue that you guys couldn’t fix. And from I can see there are lots of people out there having issues, so this isn’t an isolated issue. If you want to be helpful, write a KB for your customer to read, be more proactive and not let customers sit for months with no solution.