Menu
ab101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix App Issues

For the last 4 or 5 weeks I sometimes find the Netflix app on my v6 box refuses to load. The Netflix splash screen comes up but then I just get booted back to the Virgin Media menu screen. 

The only way into it is to turn the v6 box off and on again, and then wait for it to reboot which is annoying. 

Never used to have this problem, is it due to a recent software update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix App Issues

Hi ad101,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your V6 box while watching Netflix occasionally .

I can see you advised that when this happens you reboot the V6 and it is ok, please casn you try rebooting both the V6 and the router, I can see the router hasn't been rebooted for over 2 weeks, unplug both from the wall leave 2 minutes then plug back in.

The reason I advise 2 minuted unplugged for seconds there can still be power in the units and the reboot doesn't work.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ab101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still happening. Very annoying.

Rebooting the hub didn't resolve it.

Rebooting the v6 box ever few days = stupid.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us ab101 and apologies for the delayed reply.

I've tried to do some tests today and the box appears to be offline. Can you switch it on for me and let me know so we can run some tests.

I've also noticed you've got a hub 2ac, if you're happy to do a self-install would you like a free upgrade to the hub 3?

The V6 box, is this connected to the internet wired or wireless please? If it's wireless can you try a wired connection and vice versa to see if this'll fix the issue. 

Is Netflix the only app affected or are there other ones that this happens on?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos