Menu
Hubber180
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Need to record in SD

Some of my HD channels don't work. An engineer has been in and said it must be the cable under the floor so I am living with it as I have the channels in SD.  But when I do a series link record on the SD channel, it automatically records them HD, which are then unwatchable.  Looking at the series link options there is one that says "Record in HD when possible" which I don't seem to be able to change.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to record in SD

you should get an engineer to replace the cable
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do you have Channel = All or just the SD channel number?

IMHO, you can’t record HD on an SD channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You need to amend the Series Link to specify the actual channel to record from - it will currently be set to all.

@Hubber180 wrote:

Some of my HD channels don't work. An engineer has been in and said it must be the cable under the floor so I am living with it as I have the channels in SD.  But when I do a series link record on the SD channel, it automatically records them HD, which are then unwatchable.  Looking at the series link options there is one that says "Record in HD when possible" which I don't seem to be able to change.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As apcyberax says - if you are paying for the HD package and VM aren't supplying it - you need them to fix the fault. Unless the cable under the floor is actually a faulty HDMI cable to the TV ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I really can't understand posts like this if you are paying for a service get in touch with virgin and get it fixed you are paying for a service if you don't how do they know it's not working
0 Kudos
Hubber180
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. We think the problem is my internal cable that runs under my floorboards- so can't really blame Virgin.

Hubber180
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The series link is set to record from the SD channel.  But there is an option that says "Record in HD where possible" which I don't seem to be able to amend.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Hubber180 wrote:

The series link is set to record from the SD channel.  But there is an option that says "Record in HD where possible" which I don't seem to be able to amend.

If your SL is indeed specifically set for a non-HD channel, then the "record in HD where possible" will be greyed out & is irrelevant.

The option will only become active & relevant if either an HD-channel is chosen (in which case the channel selection does it anyway) or if channel is set to all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hubber180
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks I'll try again but I'm sure it recorded Veep on Friday night using the HD channel, despite it being set to the SD channel.

0 Kudos