Menu
bikeboybandit
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need new TV remote. Phone app poor. Cannot get anyone to reply @ Customer services

Hi

The remote for my virgin v6 box has stopped working. Tried new batteries etc. Have been unable to contact anyone on customer services including the SMS contact re this. Phone app keeps dropping out etc. Cannot believe you dont have online customer services script / contact for such queries. Can you assist?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new TV remote. Phone app poor. Cannot get anyone to reply @ Customer services

Hi bikeboybandit,

there is no customer facing email address.

I personally have no problems using the Connect app as a TV remote.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  an sms text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

You could also use the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, which probably won't resolve the remote problem, but if you call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
bikeboybandit
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need new TV remote. Phone app poor. Cannot get anyone to reply @ Customer services

Thanks for the reply. I find this such a poor response as I already state the issues with the phone app and the inability to actually speak to anyone on the so called customer services number. Also I have stated that the mobile number supplied to which I have previously texted with this issue has never had a response of any kind.

Not impressed at all.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bikeboybandit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry for the experience you've had with this and I'd like to look into it further. 

To do this I'll pop you a private message and we can discuss it further from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos