cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help moving box during house renovations

WobblyGoblin
Tuning in

Hi there

I need some help with moving my Virgin media tv box to the other side of the house temporarily while we have work done on our house. I was ready to buy a cable and run it around the house myself but reading some comments on here suggests that I need to get a technician to come out and do it. 
Can anyone confirm what I need to do!

many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are correct. Using non-standard cable could risk issues not just with your connection but with neighbouring properties. Adding a length of cable over 5 metres will also affect your signal levels, which can only be adjusted by opening the street cabinet outside.

VM will charge a non-fault callout fee of £25 for any work required. This will only cover the one visit, so you will have to book & pay again to have it moved back.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help. 

This is going to sound stupid but do you know how I book a non-fault call-out? I can’t seem to find the option online. Do I need to call?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Treat it as a fault & follow the route for faults. 150 from any Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from others. The forum team here can book appointments, but they may take several days to answer.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks