Menu
Rosie100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need a second V6 box to replace old TIVO box

Tearing my hair out trying to get through to Virgin for weeks, initially through chat service and more recently by phone.  Got through last week to report significant streaming problems and general slowness with old style TIVO box being used by sports mad 87 year old father in law downstairs.  Having to reboot a couple of times a week.  As no problems with my V6 box upstairs, I requested another V6 box. Virgin have sent me another old style TIVO box. I am loathe to lose all current recordings just to attach another old style box.  I pay Virgin £90 per month.  As I type I've been holding on phone for 90 minutes ... "the other person has cleared" message after 64 minutes so had to redial.  Same happened to 80 year old chap I know a few weeks ago.  Simply appalling service in last few years

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need a second V6 box to replace old TIVO box

Firstly I do sympathise with your C/S experience, it's not great but (sadly) not uncommon at the moment.

Secondly, your TiVo box fault... if you have a faulty box, then you will lose your recordings when it's replaced, regardless of what you replace it with. VM's servicing policy does ordinarily replace equipment like-for-like, and the TiVo is still a fully supported box, so unfortunately... asking to replace it (under the faults route) with a V6 is going to be down to VM's goodwill, to an extent. Whilst I appreciate you asked for a V6, did the agent agree to one?

Having said all that, I wouldn't want to have a new TiVo installed at the moment, given a choice, and the best way to progress would be to talk nicely to VM C/S and see what they say. It may be that you can go down the "re-grade" route of moving to a new package (which may be more cost-effective) in exchange for a swap to a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rosie100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a second V6 box to replace old TIVO box

Thanks for response.  I didn't record the initial contact so I can only say I was left with the impression they would be sending me a V6 initially as that is what I requested and she certain;y didn't say she would be sending something else.

Yes I realise I will lose recordings whether I get a new TIVo or V6.  I am prepared to accept that for a new V6 but not simply to replace like with like and probably continue with same poor service.  I did talk nicely to Virgin CS and now have a V6.  It took a further 2 and half hours on the phone subsequent to my initial attempts to contact them.  Service atm is unbelievably bad

0 Kudos