forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Pie19
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Need a new v6 box

My v6 tivo box as bricked it's self after doing an update. I need to get this replaced. Please can someone help. We are currently in lock down so I can't get any customer services  to book a replacement box. The box keeps clicking. Please help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a new v6 box

Hi Pie19, try switching the box off from the switch at the back of the box. Pressing and holding down + and the power light buttons on the front of the box, switch the box back on from the little switch at the back. Continue to hold down + and the power light button until the welcome screen comes on, the release and give it about 30 minutes.

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
Pie19
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried all the usual reboots etc. I need a new v6 box. Thanks for your suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What you have been advised is not a normal re-boot. Have you tried it and what happened?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pie19
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The welcome sign came on then a black screen with a small white box with a down arrow constantly filling up. The box is flashing Amber. 

0 Kudos
Pie19
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hard drive keeps clicking. 

0 Kudos