Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NEW Replacement Tivo V6 box not working

I received a replacement TIVO V6 box, it does not work. It loads and then gets stuck at 33% and get an error S201. I have tried it on all three points in the house and same results. My other 2 TIVO V6 and the old faulty TIVO 500 still work but not the new replacement. Strangely the new one did not have remote and the small cable adaptor in the box, making me think was this already a faulty one.

I did manage to speak to a technician on the phone who did some checks and did something and advised that try after after a short time which I did but no joy, still the same result.

How can this be resolved please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW Replacement Tivo V6 box not working

If you are absolutely sure you don’t have the cable adapter, how are you connecting it to the cable co-ax? A cable TV box can’t work without a co-ax connection.

If the TiVo still works then it’s not been de-activated which would happen when you made the activation call for the new V6.

You need to get the cable adapter and to activate the new V6.

You may wait here and get some help but Virgin Media resources are currently limited.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you call in and "activate" it ?

Activation number is... 0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The box stopping at 33% is a sign that the box has not received its activation signal. This could be for a number of reasons.

Can you confirm that the V6 has had our main cable feed plugged in while the 33% error shows? 

We have seen on the field that this activation signal can take a few attempts to come through in rare occasions. Since you have spoken to the technician have restarted the device? If not try this 3-5 times(if you keep stopping at 33%)

If your V6 is still not activated, please get in touch with Live Chat on the VM main website who will be able to assist further

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree 33 percent usually the tivo v6 hasn't got a occurance not activated properly if previous v6 is working speak to web chat and ask them to check how many v6 boxes u have on the account and they match the serial numbers of the v6 usually start with AA. . Make sure the new replacement serial is on the account to be swapped for faulty one and ask them to send every activation they can to it. .  

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do have two other boxes (Multiroom)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have two other boxes which have the adaptor cable so I used from one of them to get this started. I did call in and spoke to the technician and I believe he sent the activation signal as he took the serial number. I have tried and all three points I have in the house and same thing.

I get the two arrow sign on the box although it is hardwired and once I also tried to connect via wifi.

It shows the installing software screen and goes through every thing until it gets to final verifying where it changes the screen to a horizontal bar and shows 33%, stays on this screen for a while and then the message comes to error code S102 and the option ok to reboot

0 Kudos