Menu
Cocoflops1601
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

NEW CUSTOMERS LEFT WITH NO TV CHANNELS 😡🤬😡🤬😡

We decided to terminate our sky TV subscription and go with Virgin Media. We had the engineer over to fit a connection box in the living room. He set everything up fine but after he carried out the work he left without checking the TV was working properly. The internet is running sufficiently... but we are left with no TV CHANNELs W.T.F! VM seriously! We’re supposed to have 200 + channels and we just have bbc and itv. Everything else says “subscription only” when you press on it. I’ve been through the tedious tasks of phoning tech support and rebooting everything. They can’t find the issue their end so they said they would get an engineer to visit, but not for another 3 weeks!

We asked to speak to a manager, and were promised that he would be calling us back ‘straight away’. That was 2 days ago and our phone still hasn’t rung. The person helping us in the call centre also promised to call us but again that was 2 days ago, and we haven’t heard from her since.

Has anyone else had this issue with the v6 box? What did you do about it?

0 Kudos
ChrisHailVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW CUSTOMERS LEFT WITH NO TV CHANNELS 😡🤬😡🤬😡

Can you please check your private messages

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Phil_C1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey,
Virgin media field tech here have you tried going to settings, network and the clicking connect to virgin media services?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Tommyoh91
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I have send you a private message regarding this issue. I will try and help as best as I can.

Jake_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi

When on the home screen for the V6 does it have any error codes at the top above the menus? If not go to "Help and Settings>Settings>Network" when here you can check if your V6 is connected to the hub (it should say how you are connected and the IP address given to the V6 by the hub and if on wifi the current connection strength) they may be an option showing to "Connect to Virgin Media service now" select this and allow it to run through to 100%. If after this it still does not have the channels there may be a smart card pairing issue which would need further checks

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos
Cocoflops1601
Tuning in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

633645D6-252C-4E1B-887D-CC3DCB0BDCC6.jpeg

 

Hi Phil, I tried this and all online services are up and running but the TV CHANNELS are just ghosted out still. When you press on it you get the message. See attached pic. 

0 Kudos
Tommyoh91
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi James
I hope yo are happy with the help provided today in resolvig your issue.

I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure the tech "activated" the box - did he call up to do that whilst there? Only getting a few channels and seeing that error message, is what you would see if it hadnt been.

Even if he did I would check again to see if it was done (correctly)

Activation number is... 0800 953 9500

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nadine97
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tommy. 

I have seen you have been able to help a few problem with this situation I myself I have had an engineer come to my house and for all my products internet is working however my tv is not, I have rebooted, tried connecting back to the Virgin server and nothing. 
I understand the call centres are very busy but as I have tried every possible avenue without calling and nothing is working. I am worried that my tv package hasn’t been activated properly. I have run the activation number and continue to get cut off once it reaches 1 hour on the phone I have been trying this for the last 4 hours 

Any help will be much appreciated 

Tommyoh91
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nadine

I will hve a look and see what I can do to help you, if there are a few channels it will mean the box needs activation hits resent to he box. I will private message you and get some details an see what I can do.

I am a Field Technician working from home if you find my answer helpful please mark as helpful and leave som Kudos please.