Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

N27 error on v6

Evening All

I’m having an issue with my TV service that I can’t seem to fix. My “upload/download” icon is flashing on my V6 box and we’re not able to see any program info, record shows or use any services that require a web connection. I’ve tried checking network settings and it gives me an error message (N27) telling new the Ethernet cable is unplugged. I’ve checked all network cables and all are tight and secure. I’ve done a hard reset but it hasn’t fixed the problem. I have recently setup a Deco home mesh system and changed my router into modem mode but the service has been for a couple of weeks up until this weekend.
Any ideas as to what the issue might be? 
I’ve tried calling the 150 support a couple of times now but have been unable to get an answer and the line has dropped after approx 60 mins.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: N27 error on v6

Sounds like your V6 doesn't have an internet connection, and the 2week EPG has run out of life from a lack of updates. Given you're using an Ethernet connection, that's one base covered.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what does the top-right corner report?

Also, since your home-hub is in modem mode, make sure your DNS is either automatic or set to Virgin's. The V6 doesn't like third party DNS servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning japitts

Thanks for coming back to me. 
The Network Connection Details shows as ‘No Connection’. I’m using my Superhub 3 as the modem so am I able to change DNS on that?  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So, as suspected, your V6 doesn't have an internet connection. There's your problem!

If your SH is in modem mode, your DNS settings are in your router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, I’m not the most technical when it comes to network security/settings so you’ll need to bear with..

I’m assuming something needs changing with the DNS on my Deco system then if that’s running as the router? All my other devices are connected to that and running fine. It’s obviously just my v6 box that isn’t talking to it. Will running the existing Ethernet cable (that currently goes from the v6 to the hub) from my hub to the main Deco solve it? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem 🙂

It will and it won't. If your SH is in "modem mode", only Ethernet socket 1 is active, allowing a cable run to your own router to which all your devices connect. The additional Ethernet sockets are disabled - so you wouldn't be able to connect your own router as you currently have.

I've no experience of using Deco systems, but on most routers there will be an admin console and one of the simpler settings to check will be "DNS servers". Ideally these should be set to "obtain automatically" or similar, but quite often users with a specific need or desire to change them to another third-party setting, will do so.

That will have broken the V6 - assuming this is what's happened. Until you have visibility of that setting, it may not be so.

Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info again 😊. I’ve plugged my Ethernet cable from the v6 into the Deco main AP and refreshed the network on the V6 box and it appears to have now done the trick. I’ll see if any other issues now raise their head 😉

0 Kudos