Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My upstairs tv has poor signal

My upstairs tv now been playing up for several months poor signal channels missing and pixelated I’ve now been trying to contact virgin again today all day on my laptop and my mobile and my house phone and not got through at all I will not be making payments until it’s sorted or I might just cancel and go to sky someone better contact me phone email I don’t care but contact me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My upstairs tv has poor signal

If you dont make payments your credit rating will be black spotted.
It wont get sorted on here - be persistent on the phone... call in -- 08.00 sharp is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times to the UK call center. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can you post a couple of examples of the missing channel numbers and what should be on them?

What is the message you get rying to tune to that channel.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Channel 103 jumping and pixelated, 

channel 104 jumping and pixelated,

channel 108 pixelated, 

channel 114 pixelated, 

channel 117 error code (W02)

channel 121 error code (W02)

That’s only fraction of it there’s a load more it would take ages to do them all I have full house bundle I’ve got these channels down stairs so should be up stairs as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is it a Tivo or V6?
Have you checked that all the co-ax cabling is all in nice and finger tight at all connections and the wiring is not kinked or damaged - all the way fron tv box to the outside (brown) omnibox.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlied1979

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing 

As @jbrennand has asked, have you checked all connections, cables are undamaged 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If it is only on one box then it does seem to be a loose or damaged cable or connection going to that box.

You should be able to get through to someone within minutes if you call them - ignore the bit about "an hours delay".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have pulled all the cable from up to down run my hand along no damage the connections are fine I’ve taken them out I’ve even tried swapping boxes round but it’s still the same even when I put the downstairs one upstairs so I’m thinking it’s signal issues because on a couple of the channels coming up 65% and the ones that’s just pixelated they are 70% to 75% on every channel I have sat going through them all then checking signals as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But it is the signals in the house if the other box is good.  So likely to be a connection or cable issue.

Is it cable VM installed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

yes it was fitted by virgin media engineer i'm losing it watching programme then going up stairs to watch it in bed and it cuts off

0 Kudos