Menu
atkinsonpaul1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My tivo remote

My virgin media remote has stopped working I can turn the volume up and down but none of the other buttons will work 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo remote

@atkinsonpaul1 wrote:

My virgin media remote has stopped working I can turn the volume up and down but none of the other buttons will work 

Have you tried changing the batteries?  The volume control is via IR (for your TV/Sound) whereas, assuming the remote is paired with the V6, then that control is via RF and requires more power from the batteries (i.e. rechargeable ones aren't a good idea either).

This assumes that you have a V6 (as this is the V6 section) rather than an old TiVo.

If new batteries don't help then you'd need to contact Virgin (via the phone on online chat) to ask for a new remote,.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My tivo remote

Good Morning atkinsonpaul1,

Have you been able to change the batteries in the remote to see if this was the cause of the problem?

Alternatively, has the situation improved, or have you been able to speak to our team since your post?

If you still need assistance, do please drop us a response and either I or one of my team will drop you a PM

David_Bn 

0 Kudos