Menu
Gons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My V6 box is rebooting

Hi,

I read all the messages and I'm switching off and on my V6 box (10 minutes without power) every day.

Some days it works for some hours but others no.

Do you know how to talk with a human to fix it or to cancel my TV subscription? 

By the way, I'm on the phone at the 150 for 25 minutes now.

Regards

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My V6 box is rebooting

Hi Gons,

Unfortunately you need to persevere.

You need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

If you don't want to go through Faults then try Retentions ( thinking of leaving us option)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gons
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank Newapollo,

I went by retention team and they send me to the technical team. My phone run out of battery while waiting.

I'm leaving Virgin. Customers don't deserve this behavior. Thanks again for your answer.

Regards

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Remember you'll need to call back in order to give cancellation notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gons
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.

It is not easy. Yesterday I tried 3 time and took me about one hour on the phone and I didn't succeed. No I go for the whole subscription cancellation not just the TV.

Regards

0 Kudos
Gons
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My V6 box is rebooting (UPDATED)

Hi guys again.

I'm still facing the problem with my V6Box that I reboot 3 to 4 time a day if I want to use it. I switch it off, wait 10 minutes and switch it on. As you can imagine I lost what I wanted to watch or my recordings at that time. Some of the recordings fail during the reproduction but it is another symptom of the problem. This is happening since October, but it is impossible even  to contact anyone to cancel the contract.

I called several times but unfortunately it is IMPOSIBLE to talk with a human. I gave up after trying several times so I raised several complains:

C-2201213746

C-2201213780

C-22-1213757

But you know what, finally Virgin contacted me by Twitter. So they suggest me to reboot, to check in this forum, etc. They asked me for the link to this thread and I sent it to them. Now, after three months, one written complain, three electronic complains, tens of unattended calls, they ask me to post again to get attention. Could you believe it?

So my advice for you to solve your problem with the V6Box when is freezing or rebooting:

Write a post.

Write Virgin Media on Twitter.

Wait.

I'll keep you posted if someone read it.

Apologies for the length

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This is terrible but unfortunately I can only tell you to get on the phone at 8am on the dot when the lines open and get through to someone...

However this depends on how you wish to move forward with the issue, if you want a technician to come fix problem then get on the phone, however if your now beyond that and wish to cancel then you can do that by phone too but I think the complaint needs to be handled and before the account is closed you need to be compensated for partial service at the very least.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This is also probably one special occasion where I would say start a new thread/post about this problem but title it simply such as My V6 Broken Since October, Help!

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
Gons
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gons
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My V6Box is rebooting since October

Hi guys, my V6Box is rebooting and freezing since October (I posted then).

Since then I tried everything and now I'm switching off and on several times if I want to watch tv for a couple of hours.

As you can imagine the experience is very poor and the recording is almost impossible. Regarding to this, when the recording is possible, many times the playing is not working and I have to switch off and on.

You may be wondering why I didn't do anything since then.Well I did. I wrote a formal complain and I received a letter that they are taking a look. I called tens of times but after waiting hours I gave up. I tried to cancel the contract but there is no way by phone. So I raised three new complains with no answer so far.

Finally Virgin answered by Twitter and he's what, after explaining all this story they asked me to post again. Yes, to post again. After three months, the calls, the written complains, I have to post again.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

0 Kudos